Search This Blog

Thursday 7 February 2013

Jeepta - Harubaru (english translation)

The English translation I did is a little sketchy, but this is such a sweet song.

春々 / From Far Away*

Lyrics: Taku Ishii
Music: choro

I set out on a journey this morning
Going back to that dark city brought back vivid memories
Hey, do you remember?
The song that was playing on the night when I met you
I’m humming it as I go

Say hello
When I meet you again
Say hello
So I can smile and say it like nothing’s changed

My hair is already clinging to my shoulder
I wonder if you hate me
The spring breeze smells like you
I say I miss you, but only a little, so I stop a few times, but**

Say hello
Because I’ve started walking again
Say hello
My heart swells, and I’ll keep going until I can meet you***

Say hello
Like always
Say hello
We’ve decided

Say hello
When I meet you again
Say hello
So I can smile and say it like nothing’s changed

Notes:
*I’m not sure how to read this kanji. I thought "shunshun" might fit at first, but then I searched again and saw "harubaru" ("from afar", "over a great distance", "all the way") and I think it makes more sense. I wonder if it is a made-up kanji combination? It doesn't come up in any dictionaries, and no one seems to use it the way Taku does.
**, ***Not too sure about these either

春々 / Harubaru*

Tabidatsu asa
Mada kurai machi ni yomigaetta azayaka na omoide
Nee, oboeteru kai
Kimi to deatta yoru ni
Nagarete ita ano uta o kuchizusami-nagara yuku yo

SEI HAROO
Mata kimi ni atta toki
SEI HAROO
Kawarazu waratte ieru you ni

Kami no ke wa mou kata ni tsuku-gurai de
Kimi ni wa kitto iyagarareru darou
Haru no kaze wa kimi no nioi ga shite
Natsukashiku tte sukoshi dake tachi-tomattari mo shita kedo

SEI HAROO
Mata arukidashita kara
SEI HAROO
Mune hatte kimi ni aeru you ni shiyou

SEI HAROO
Itsumo to onaji you ni
SEI HAROO
Bokura wa kimatte

SEI HAROO
Mata kimi ni atta toki
SEI HAROO
Kawarazu waratte ieru you ni

Kanji:

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a0537e8/l026574.html

No comments:

Post a Comment