Search This Blog

Saturday 7 July 2012

The Birthday - Outlaw II (english translation)

This translation is a little iffy in places, but I love this song.

Outlaw II

Lyrics: Chiba Yusuke
Music: The Birthday

On a day when the sharp sun pierces through the morning
I was just looking at Mona Lisa’s sleeping face
Good morning Baby Mornin’!*
I wonder if my idea is wrong
It’ll be a bloodbath

Outlaw

Robin Hood has already become corned beef
I can see the horizon, even though it’s blurring
Good morning Baby Mornin’!
Morning came to Babylon
I didn’t set up the bomb yet, I still have it
So will you laugh for me?
I was floating in the air
Soon I won’t even need my skin and bones**

Outlaw

A camel is walking to the distant other side
If we could ride it, where would we go?
We’re in an endless desert
Good morning Baby Mornin’!
The things we could see turn into things we can’t and
I say a thoughtless “I love you!”
Every now and then we have a baumkuchen***
Where did the bomb go?
I spin round and round****

Outlaw   

Notes:
*I’m a little confused about the Baby Mornin’ part
**apparently this is a log cake. I don’t really get this line.
****According to wikipedia, the traditional way to make baumkuchen is on a spit, turning it, so maybe the bomb ended up in the cake batter and is doing the spinning?
Or maybe the outlaw is just sort of spinning around looking for it in a slapstick sort of way?

Romaji

Dongatta taiyou ga     tsukisaseru asa da
MONARIZA no negao          nagameru shika
Ohayou BABY MORNIN’! ore no AIDIA wa
Machigatteta no ka     chimatsuri da

AUROO         AUROO

ROBINHUDDO wa mou KONBIIFU ni natta no sa
Chiheisen mieru nijinderu kedo
Ohayou BABY MORNIN’! BABIRON ni asa ga kita
Bakudan wa SHIKEzu ni       mada motteru no sa
Waratte kureru kai?     Kuuchuu ni uiteta n da
Hone to kawa sae        mou iranai n da

AUROO         AUROO
AUROO         AUROO

RAKUDA ga aruite iru          haruka mukougawa
Noretara doko ikou?   Eien no sabaku sa
Ohayou BABY MORNIN’! miete ita mono ga
Mienaku natte ore wa mata
NOOTENKI I LOVE YOU! BAUMUKUUHEN tama ni wa
Bakudan wa doko e itta? GURUGURU mawaru yo

AUROO         AUROO         AUROO         AUROO
AUROO         AUROO         AUROO         AUROO

Kanji:

No comments:

Post a Comment