Search This Blog

Monday 18 January 2016

yorunitokeru - dilemma(only mine) (english translation)

yorunitokeru is Fuse Tatsuaki from Suck a Stew Dry`s other band. The members come from Towada, Aomori, but, like a lot of bands, they moved to Tokyo to try to get serious about promoting their band. That's what "Tokyonize days" is referring to.

The English translation I did might be a little off in places, but I think you can at least get the gist of what it's about.



dilemma(only mine)

Music and Lyrics: Fuse Tatsuaki

During a sleepless night
To advance through these Tokyonize days
I heartlessly left my dreams behind, laughing

There was a harsh fade out

On one of these repetitive nights
During these distorted Tokyonize days
My words were interrupted, and my singing voice was also snatched away

How did things get like this?
Whose fault is it?
I know the answer
It’s my fault
This dilemma is only mine
No one understands, so don’t judge me so smugly*

In this crowded world, we’re still believing in an uncertain tomorrow
Where is my original self?
Who is that person laughing back at me from the mirror?

With a face I don’t want to recognize, I’m betraying myself
Show me a sleepless dream

Someday, I’ll have a day that’s just like what I’ve been hoping for, I’ll shine, I’ll laugh, and it’ll be a “today” I can boast about
But, honestly, I think I’ll never be completely satisfied**
So, I’m only looking at today

I gather up the fragments of these broken days
Because I’m going to destroy them all here
Look at it, this dilemma that’s only mine
It’s a black heaven that will melt the night***

Have you lost your heaven?
Into the black heaven

In this crowded world, we’re still believing in an uncertain tomorrow
Where is your original self?
Who am I, the person laughing back at you from the mirror?

With a face I don’t want to recognize, you’re betraying me, but
I don’t want to get caught up and disappear into the flow of these passing days

My singing voice will ring out,
My words will pierce through
Until a piece of me stays buried inside your heart

Show me a sleepless dream

“Because I’ll show you an endless dream”

Notes:
*, **I feel like these lines might be wrong
***This is a reference to their band name. Yoru ni tokeru literally means something like “melting during the night”. Their official English name is “meltdown last night”, but I think that has a slightly different connotation.

dilemma(only mine) –testrec ver.2-

Nemurenai yoru no naka
Susume TOKYONIZE no hibi ni
Yume wa okizari ni shite warau, mujou na boku deshita

Zankoku na FADE OUT

Kurikaesu yoru no naka
Hizumu TOKYONIZE no hibi ni
Kotoba wa saegirarete, utau koe mo ubawareta

Nande sou naru no?
Dare no sei darou?
Kotae wa shitteru no
Boku no sei da yo
DILEMMA ONLY MINE
Daremo wakaranai kuse ni
Erasou ni kimetsukenaide

Bokura wa mitasareta sekai no naka de
Futashika na asu o shinjiteru
Kawaranai boku wa doko darou?
Kagami no naka de warau kimi wa dare?

Mitometaku nai kao de boku wa boku o uragitte iru
Nemuranai yume o misasete

Itsuka no risou mitai ni hikatte, waratte, usobukeru kyou desu
Demo hontou wa zenzen mitasarete nai shi omotteru koto wa tsutawaranai kara
Nee, ima dake wa boku o mite ite yo

Kowasareta hibi no kakera o atsumete
Koko de zenbu korosu kara
Mitete yo, boku dake no DILEMMA
Yoru o tokasu BLACK HEAVEN

DO YOU LOST THE HEAVEN?
INTO THE BLACK HEAVEN

Bokura wa mitasareta sekai no naka de
Futashika na asu o shinjiteru
Kawaranai kimi wa doko darou?
Kagami no naka de warau boku wa dare?

Mitometaku nai kao de kimi wa boku o uragitte iru kedo
Nagare-yuku hibi no naka, kono mama shibarare kietaku wa nai yo

Utagoe hibike, kotoba yo sasare
Anata no kokoro ni boku ga nokoru made

Nemurenai yume o misasete

“Owaru koto no nai yume o miseru kara”

Kanji:
http://www.yorunitokeru.com/words/replay-dilemma/

No comments:

Post a Comment