Search This Blog

Thursday 31 October 2013

blog translation: Ubukata Shinichi - Dec. 9, 2011

Ubu-san is the king of enormous, wordy sentences, but this one is kind of cute.

Dec. 9, 2011

“Flower & Powerlight Tour 2011 ~born again~”


Yoshii Kazuya-san’s tour has started.

Picture

The Sapporo and Sendai shows are done. There were a lot of things that I experienced for the first time, and also uneasiness, but now when I try to play a live I’ve gotten to the point where I feel almost as though we’ve been playing together for a very long time, so I’m really having fun and I can perform onstage.

Nevertheless, as one would expect, it’s Yoshii-san and the original members’ stage.* Even though I’m a newcomer, I’m still proud enough to say that, if it’s this band, I predict that we’re going to keep getting better on this tour.** However, I can honestly say that this is a great band. Tomorrow is Chiba Prefecture’s cultural centre.

Ah, and these finally arrived today.

Picture.

My picks.

I had the pick’s thickness and hardness redone many times, and now it’s finally perfect; it’s an obsessive person’s pick.*** I’d been using plain ones for a while, but the design that was printed on these is perfect.

I’ll use them during the lives starting from tomorrow. Tomorrow as well, from the beginning to the end, I’ll devote myself completely to playing the guitar.

Notes:
*, ** I don't know about these sentences. The second one especially.
***He says "It's my obsession's/pickiness's pick". Maybe something like "It's a pick born from my obsessiveness." would communicate that better?

Original entry:
http://www.newaudiogram.com/blog/ubu/201112.php

No comments:

Post a Comment